Some last minute updates!
- What time should I plan on arriving and what entrance of Sesame Place/Oxford Valley Mall should I use on Sunday?
The parking lot will be officially open at 5:30 a.m. and your best bet for entry is the Oxford Valley Road entrance (adjacent to Margaritas). The Mall’s other two entrances (Woodbourne Road, Route 1) will be subject to closures.
- Same staging area as year’s past?
No, the Classic main activities area has moved to the parking lot just past the Sesame Place main entrance. Posted signs will guide you to the new area.
- What’s the procedure for getting my free, single-day admission pass to Sesame Place (good until June 17, 2018 on all park operating days)?
By registering for the race, you can receive a free, single-day admission ticket to Sesame Place in your race packet.
- Is the course officially measured to USATF specifications?
Yes, both the 5K and one-mile courses have been precisely “wheeled” and are USATF-certified.
- How quickly will my time result be posted?
Thanks to Mark Toretsky at Lin-Mark Sports, your time will be posted as soon as you cross the finish line. In fact, family members and friends can track your progress while you run by visiting www.lin-mark.com. Download the App ahead of time! Apple / iOS or Android devices.
- Will Sesame characters be on hand as part of the celebration?
You bet. Elmo will head an all-star cast.
- Can my child go over to the Langhorne-Middletown Fire Company’s Tower 21 truck and say hello to the crew?
Yes. And not only that, but you just might get a tour of the big rig.
- Where do proceeds from the race go?
To the Dick Dougherty Memorial Scholarship Fund, which provides college financial aid to 18 area high schools. Since 1999, close to $400,000 has been raised for this cause.
- What about a rescue vehicle in case of a mishap?
The Penndel-Middletown Emergency Squad, a mainstay in Bucks County since 1959, will be on hand.
- Is the course traffic-free?
Correct. No cars. It’s an out-and-back, flat course and there will be a pace bicycle leading the way.
- Plenty of refreshments, right?
Of course. All the water, fruit and soft pretzels you can get your hands on.
- What time is the awards ceremony and who wins what?
The awards ceremony will start at approximately 9:15 a.m.
In the 1-mile, medals will go to the top three runners overall in each gender, plus three age groups (0-19, 20-39 and 40-up).
In the 5K, trophies will go out to the top finishers in each gender, plus the top three age-group finishers.
And don’t forget the Spirit Trophy (and prize check) to the group which brings the most runners. Rumor has it Elmo and Cookie Monster will be featured in this year’s award.